Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Me? An Investment Banker?

What do they do?
  • Investment bankers advise their clients on high level financial issues. They can be responsible for issuing types of debt, recommending strategies for take overs and mergers with other companies or helping with an initial public offering (getting a company on the stock market). Work involves a lot of financial analysis and personal and strategic skills are a must. Clients range from small companies to multi-billion dollar organizations. People in the field say the job is very satisfying and rewarding, both intellectually and financially.
Education Requirements
  • Minimum requirements are a bachelor's degree. Degrees of graduates widely differ but many come from finance, accounting and economics.
  • An M.B.A. is usually required to move up in the field.
My Take
  • This is definitely the job for me, especially out of college. Investment banking jobs are the most prestegious jobs you can get with a finance degree. I luckly got a few interviews with banks and it sort of just happened, everything fell into place. I believe I have the right mindset to succeed in this industry and the benefits (from what I hear) will be rewarding. If I don't like it I can always move around but I feel I will enjoy it and do very well. I can't wait to start near the end of August!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home