Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Personal Mission Statement

I have decided to make my own personal mission statement. Corporations and many companies have them to set goals and values. Why not make one for your own life on the values you would like to have or accomplish? This idea spawned from the book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, which I highly recommend.

Here is my personal mission statement:
  • Family & Friends

    • Value and protect my family and friends.
    • Thank those who have helped me and return the favor.
    • Refrain from competing and add to other's success.
    • Be empathetic and forgiving… people make mistakes.
    • Surround myself with people of the same values.
    • Be interdependent in my relationships with others.
    • Give more and expect less.

    • The ultimate goal is happiness, but not at the expense of others.
  • Accomplishment & Growth

    • Give everything I do my best effort.
    • Continue to learn, grow and adapt to change.
    • Be successful, both emotional and financially, not only for myself, but for the benefit of those around me.
    • Allow my values to guide me, not jealously or other peoples' values, competition or wealth.
    • Constantly improve on my weaknesses and learn from my mistakes.
    • Be resourceful and have a sense of worth.
    • Think positively about any situation.
    • Protect and be conscious of my health.
    • Travel and see the world.
    • Be thankful for what I have.

    • The ultimate goal is happiness, in which we feel wanted and needed by others and the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home