Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Influential Forces That Changed My Life

These are some of the major events or things I have done in the past few years, which have been instrumental in changing my life. I have always been a happy and positive person but apparently you can take life to new heights and these are a few of the things that have helped.

The Breakup
  • Separating from my girlfriend of 5 1/2 years had a huge impact on my life. It made me look at my life and decide what I really wanted for myself. I realized what I had become is not what I wanted or saw myself as (I'm not saying I was a horribly bad person, it's just not what I wanted). I spent too much time and energy on making money and school, leaving less time for other things in life.
Books
  • Reading books have opened my mind to new ideas. I usually read about relating with people, finance, business, management, leadership and anything else interesting.
College
  • Where do I start? College is an eye-opening experience. Partying, meeting new people, joining clubs, responsibility (at least the school part), being broke, I could go on forever. There's going to be no other place like it and the experiences and people that I have met there are priceless.
Interviewing
  • It really makes you brag about yourself. I am not one to talk about myself or think I am better than anyone. When it comes to interviewing, you are forced to. You have to convince someone that you are the best person for the job. It forces you to organize your thoughts about what you have done in the past, want to do in the future and what you are now. It's a great way to look at yourself in a new light.
Career
  • Interviewing for a career is challenging enough, getting the job is another story. I needed a job that was challenging, fast paced, changing, and rewarding. I wanted a job where I would fit in perfectly with the people and wanted my limits tested everyday. I got lucky and found something fitting and it has shaped me and will continue to in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home