Friday, November 10, 2006

Sharing Ideas

All too often I hear of people keeping ideas to themselves in fright that someone else will steal them. Let people know your ideas so you can get feedback on them. I have been recently reading a lot about communication and interacting with people. A great book is Dale Carnegie’s “How to Win Friends and Influence People”. I believe the book absolutely changed my life in the way I talk to people everyday. I was talking to a friend the other night and she wants to go into Family Counseling as a career. The book is similar to her interests in the regard that it strives to make you a better person and be an influence in other’s lives. I was going to hold back and not let her know because it was my “secret” to how I talk to people everyday. I thought about it and decided if the book changed my life, it might change someone else’s so why shouldn’t I let her know? Let’s see how long it takes her to read it or if she even does. Let people know your ideas, people may give you feedback or look at you differently for helping them in some way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home